The Academy Way
At the heart of everything we do at the Academy is our vision for everyone…
We aspire to be a centre of excellence offering pupils, their families, staff and the wider community outstanding inclusive and enjoyable lifelong learning.
Pupils, families, staff, governors and the wider community work together in a spirit of co-operation to provide a safe, happy and cohesive environment.
We expect families to:
- Make sure that their child attends school on time every day and informs school if they are to be absent
- Send their child to school relaxed, having had breakfast, a good night’s sleep , refreshed and ready to learn
- Not take their child out of school during term time
- Provide school medical staff with information about their child’s medication and health care and to label medical items with name, date and dosage.
- Work with school to help achieve their child’s individual targets
- Attend parents meetings, annual reviews and other school events in order to get to know about their child’s life in school.
- Keep school informed about things at home that may affect their child’s behaviour, learning and attendance at school.
- Support the school by promoting respect for others and a positive outlook towards school life
- Help their child to make the most of what the school has to offer.
- Safeguard your child and follow procedures
- Produce an annual report for your child
- Encourage your child to care for the environment
- Write individual education plans which are shared with parents/carers/your child and revised regularly
- Work with the local authority to ensure safe, effective transport
- Work in partnership with parents/carers so that your child reaches their full potential in all areas of their school life
- Seek high standards through encouragement and rewards for positive behaviour and achievement
- Provide a range of opportunities for learning so that we meet the needs of your child and ensure that they have full access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Provide, where necessary and in negotiation with the family, home education support
- Provide regular information about events and your child’s progress and opportunities to exchange information
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are put into practice and are accessible for all parents and carers and your child
- Monitor and support your child’s attendance.
We expect pupils to:
- Try their hardest to meet their individual targets and to challenge themselves
- Respect each other and all adults in school
- Behave well at school, on external visits and on school transport.